I haven't had a Spring Break since I graduated from Carson-Newman in 2003. The dates were the first week of March. Luckily these dates coincided with my mom being in Peachtree City (30 minutes outside of Atlanta) for a Global Impact Conference. She stayed with an African-American couple who graciously opened their home to me as well. So, I got to be with my mom all week. I had a blast picking her up at the airport (3 hours behind schedule), shopping (Super Target at Atlantic Station and IKEA), setting up her booth, and going out to eat. Unfortunately I did have to study for a test during break but I skipped out on some meetings to get that out of the way. On Saturday morning we met Nicholas in Atlanta and had breakfast with him at an awesome restaurant called "The Flying Biscuit". We then went to the International Farmer's Market and IKEA. It was alot of fun. Saturday night they had an International Banquet at the church and had all sorts of different foods and music and an incredible speaker. It was so nice to be able to be with my mom and Nicholas at the same time.Nicholas also had a room opened up to him so he stayed until Sunday morning when we both left and went our separate ways (me to TN and Nicholas to SC). This picture was taken that Thursday. One of the ladies' group took us to one of the members lake house for a GREAT lunch and a couple of hours of relaxation. It was enjoyable because several of the ladies had actually been to Senegal on several different mission trips so Mama had a lot of fun with them. I know this Spring Break was not a "normal" college student's but it was a blessing to get to spend this time with my mom. I love her to death and miss her like crazy when she is not around.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Spring Break 2008
Posted by Carla at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment