Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Laurel Fork Falls Hike

Today a friend of mine (Carrie) and I decided to go for a hike after our clinicals today. It was such a beautiful day we couldn't stand to waste any more of it by being inside. I have always wanted to go see this waterfall that is about 45 minutes from campus and I knew that Carrie had been there before so she was all for it. It is actually a fairly simple hike. It is about 2 miles and it follows a short section of the AT. Right before you get to the falls there is a very steep rocky section that is basically steps. Not too bad going down but on the way back up it was not very easy at all. It was so nice to get out and to do something like that. It definetly was refreshing. My legs may be about to fall off tomorrow since I am at the hospital for clinicals from 6:30am-5:00pm...yeah...! Wish you could have been here to go with us. The picture is not mine. It is from this website: http://www.cmpros.com/hiking/Laurel.

0 comments: