Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicholas!

For Nicholas' birthday weekend we went to the Biltmore House compliments of Mama and Daddy. We had a blast. It was time for the Festival of Flowers and there were a ton of flowers. This was something that I looked forward to all week at school. We went on Saturday and finals started on Monday. I studied fervently the whole week before so that I would not have to study during this weekend. So glad that I did. I have been to Biltmore many times thanks to my parents but Nicholas hasn't so it was exciting to get to take him somewhere that he had never been. We did it all. I made sure that we got there first thing in the morning so that we would not have to wait for a time to go tour the house. We walked right in. We then tackled the gardens and took our time doing that.

Thank goodness Nicholas has long arms!

Beautiful azaleas!

Biltmore House -- Asheville, North Carolina

It was supposed to rain all day but it was beautiful until about 4:30 PM!

Nicholas loved this Japanese Maple

You know how I love having my picture taken!

Gorgeous!

The azaleas were in full bloom and they were absolutely stunning!

After we tackled the gardens it was about 2:00 pm and we were so hungry! No fear! We had an incredible picnic packed. We had gone to Whole Foods Market on Friday afternoon and got some delicious deli meat, cheese, fresh bread, hummus, pita bread chips, and fresh olives. We also had sparkling pear cider. YUMMY! After our picnic we went to the Winery and saw the inner workings of wine making. Nicholas enjoyed the tasting that you can participate at the end...not me! When we were done in there we were surprised to walk out into a pelting thunderstorm. So, we decided to head back to South Carolina. We were disappointed that we didn't get to do any bike riding but we had an incredible day. Happy Birthday Nicholas!

0 comments: