Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Job! NCLEX! Test Results!

I have a job. Actually I have a job for several weeks but I am not working at the moment because I am waiting to see if I passed my boards and getting my nursing license. It has been a very stressful last month. I have diligently studied everyday for 3-4 hours doing practice questions and reviewing different information that I did not know well enough to answer the question. The test that I had to take was the NCLEX. I took it yesterday (2/10/09). I can unofficially get my results this evening but I am waiting for Nicholas because I do not want to do it alone. I can't help but think...what if I failed? Will I be a disappointment to those that I love? I know that I won't but those questions are still popping up in my mind. My biggest fear in life is failing. I hate failing at anything. Needless to say I am a perfectionist.

Back to the job. I will be working at Spartanburg Regional Hospital in Spartanburg, South Carolina. I am on 5 South which is a Medical/Surgical floor with an emphasis on GI (gastrointestinal) patients. I will be working night shift which I am a little nervous about (7PM - 7AM). I have many people tell me that I am a night owl but I have never had to change my schedule to sleep during the day. So, hopefully that will all work out. I start orientation on 2-23-09 so my vacation is almost over.

Please pray for me as I get my test results and as I mentally prepare for this huge change in my life. I am excited and terrified all wrapped up into one big bundle. I know that the LORD will be with me and that He does not give us things that we cannot handle (they may not always be easy, but we can handle them with His help).

0 comments: