Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Christmas 2008

Being an MK is always hard on holidays because more that likely you are away from family. This year I got to be with everyone. My parents came in for my graduation and stayed through Christmas. My brother Nathan also got to fly in from Texas and stay with me as well. It was a fun time. They helped me move into my new home and we had a lot of fun doing many different activities.

* Grove Park Inn for breakfast on my mom's birthday (Nicholas got to come along on that trip)
* Christmas present shopping for each other
* Skeet shooting at Pauline's SCDNR gun range (even Mama pulled the trigger once)
* Visiting with both sets of grandparents (Smith's in North Carolina and Canada's in Tennessee)
* Cutting down our own Christmas tree at Christmas Tree Hill
* Watching movies with Mama, Daddy, Nathan, and Nicholas

I was so thankful to spend time with everyone and it all worked out so perfectly. Christmas Eve we went to North Carolina and spent time with my grandparents (dad's side), g
reat-grandmother, aunt and cousins. Nicholas spent that day with his family in South Carolina. Christmas Eve night we drove back to my house and opened presents Christmas morning with Mama, Daddy, Nathan, and Nicholas.

This is my great-grandmother. She will be 94 in March and she is proud of it.

Nathan opening presents. That is my awesome tree behind him that I cut down myself!


My mom. I love her to death and miss her. Don't have one of Daddy by himself or I would post it too, but, I love him just as much too!

We had to get them small things so they could travel back with them. We got Mama a beautiful scarf and Daddy a nice pullover from Mast General for all of his traveling. We also got them snowman poop (mini marshmallows), which is what they are opening here.

Just being goofy and silly!


0 comments: