My birthday was on March 20 and I was lucky enough to have that whole weekend off from work. When Nicholas asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday I quickly told him that I wanted to go away for the weekend. So we found babysitters for the dog (Shilo) and the ferret (Kizzy) and had an awesome weekend. Friday night we stayed at the Palms Hotel on the Isle of Palms. It was so nice. We had an oceanfront room and we slept with the balcony door open listening to the ocean. Saturday we spent the day walking around Charleston. Saturday night my parents surprised me with a night at a bed and breakfast called the Ashley Inn. It was our first stay in a B&B and will definitely not be our last. Sunday was cloudy and rainy so we took a harbor cruise which was a lot of fun and then did a little more shopping (in the rain)! It was hard to leave but we got back late Sunday night. Thanks Nicholas and Mama & Daddy for an awesome weekend. Here are some pictures.
Great place to stay! We will be back!
This was the view we woke up to Saturday morning! Awesome!
I was a little excited to be at the beach (even if the water was too cold to get in).
My DH...isn't he handsome.
Cooper River Bridge
Rainbow Row
Great shopping is found here!
Ashley Inn
This is where we had dinner Saturday night. We walked to it from the B&B. The inn hostess highly recommended it. Best Shrimp and Grits!
1 comments:
Looks like it was a fabulous weekend! I'm so glad you got to celebrate in style. And, yes. He is handsome.
Post a Comment